Old 12-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #27
kjcheezhead
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Support or Against Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Why not pick up 2k5 with updated rosters? Or just play an older Madden game you did enjoy? Isn't that better than putting all your eggs into the basket of a series that you've been disappointed with since its inception on the current consoles?

I still have Madden '05 and have been playing it to get my pro football fix. Sure its not updated, but its better than playing thru a game I dislike or not playing at all in my opinion.
I currently rotate between 2k5, Madden 08, Tecmo Throwback, APF and very rarely...Backbreaker. Like I said, I'm passionate about football.

Bottom line each of those options has a fatal flaw. Either there is no updated rostes, no HD graphics, no NFL or I have simply played them out. Tough to play any title for several years straight and not get bored of them.

I don't exactly have all my eggs in the Madden 12 basket, but I haven't had a new game I liked in 3 years. I'm desperate for a new football game I actually enjoy. I suspect most of the Madden "haters" on the internet have similar feelings on this. Not all of them (including me) are very good at expressing it most of the time.