View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #252
Cesco
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
I've seen about the same. But, it's a complete and utter compromise on my part. Steal #'s high = to's high. And somehow or another, I've seemed to be able to get it spread out fairly evenly amongst the players. So when you look at the box score, TO's almost seem right. And when you think about how TO's function in the NBA-- one team loses the chance to score by making a mistake, and gives the other team a chance to score-- I think it effects the results as it should. I'm not quite sold on the exact #s, so (hands, steals, stealing success) might be able to be clicked down one or two. Don't get me wrong, most of the steals are bad passes made and not on-ball. So the user does have some level of control. Although it would be pretty hard to stay under 10.

The obvious negative here is that steal stats in the game are inflated, so you basically just have to ignore them. And while it may seem like just a displacement, it's actually not because with TO's low the ball does not change hands as much as it does in the NBA, but with steals high it does. Thus the outcome of the game is effected more realistically, imo.

WB! Lol.
Ok thanks! I've played only one game so far. My observation comes from reading other people stats. But I see what you mean and it makes perfectly sense :-)