View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #23
TNT713
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each

I'm the one that suggested that Franchise deserves it's own title and I stand by my statement. TLC may have wanted to tear me a new one when he initially read the post because of my brashness. I'm an abrasive guy who doesn't sugar coat his opinions - but it's all good.

Personally, I share a common bond with all Madden players who compete head-to-head. I want Madden to be the best head-to-head NFL football game and feel my constituents feel the same. I feel it has been for more than two decades. I also feel that development of the head-to-head side lags because of Franchise and vice versa.

Franchise, to me, is simply wasted space on the disk. I never use it and haven't since Madden 2000. Even when I was playing Franchise, it was boring. But that's my opinion... Others may never use Online Team Play, Superstar, or the Mini-Games which would amount to wasted space on their own disks.

To my friends that play Franchise, my statement that Franchise should be developed as a separate title wasn't to disparage the mode. The fact that I don't play it doesn't mean Franchise doesn't have visible merit. I simply do not feel it can get the development time it deserves while it shares space on the Madden disk.

When I played Head Coach '09 at CD day in May 2008, I thought the platform was ideal for development of a stand alone Franchise game where players call the game, but don't control the action. It's also ideal for Superstar modes for players that choose to play - limiting them to a single player. Pretty much all the ideas I think are horrible for Madden would be ideal for a Franchise game...

Basically, Madden is getting too many modes and it's time for a Franchise spin-off. Right now, failing to make major updates to any mode runs the risk of alienating the communities drawn to that mode. There are some things I GOTTA have next year, but I'll be highly upset if I learn that Franchise is getting an overhaul and the stuff I want doesn't make the cut. Same for Franchise guys if the stuff I want gets in and theirs doesn't make the cut...

the only legitimate solution is development of two games... Madden sales might slip as the Franchise guys gravitate to the new title. SO WHAT... Head-to-Head will finally be able to get the coverage adjustments we've been asking for.

Making data transferable would just make it gravy.

I'll still be getting the H2H version...

Later