View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #24
tlc12576
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Would You Buy Head Coach and Madden If Saved Franchises Were Transferable To Each

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
This is interesting thought. It would get annoying switching between the two discs, but worth doing, especially since you do it just once a season. TLC, what about the week-to-week things, like newspaper articles and extra point? Also, I'm thinking they should set the price at $60 each or both for $100.
I think you are thinking too much about the simplicity of the current franchise mode in Madden. Switching the rosters week to week or once a season, may not be as tedious as some people think because HC has so much depth. Preparation for the games week to week using HC would be so immersive, you could spend a considerable amount of time there before transferring back to Madden to play your actual games. This would add a true feeling of accomplishment, for wins, or frustration, for losses, from investing so much time and effort into EACH game's preparation. Also, doing the offseason in HC would double down on what I just said.

The weekly presentation stuff would still to be watched on the Madden disc. I'm thinking, load all the rosters(including free agents) from Madden over to HC, handle all your weekly team management and prep in HC, transfer all the rosters back to Madden for the games, watch the highlight shows, check stat leaders, etc and repeat.

As far as price goes, I don't know. Guess it would depend on how much work this would take. If this can be added in with a patch, they could just do that and let people purchase HC 09. If not, then what you or said makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I'm the one that suggested that Franchise deserves it's own title and I stand by my statement. TLC may have wanted to tear me a new one when he initially read the post because of my brashness. I'm an abrasive guy who doesn't sugar coat his opinions - but it's all good.......

Making data transferable would just make it gravy.

I'll still be getting the H2H version...

Later
It is not your brashness that gets to me, it is the narcissistic way I think your post come across. You say EA should make a separate game for franchise and just make Madden for H2H games, as if to suggest H2H is Madden in its' purist form. Madden is supposed to be a representation of the ENTIRE NFL not JUST the parts you, I or anybody else likes the best. If you want a separate game that focuses just on H2H gameplay, that's cool but to suggest Madden should drop everything else and become that game is unreasonably selfish, IMO. EA is going to continue adding what they see fit into Madden every year and that's cool with me. I just want a possible and hopefully small resource consuming way, to enjoy the gameplay of Madden with the team management of HC 09.

Also, to everyone that says this or that would be a better way, like adding HC features to Madden itself, I agree with most of what you guys are saying. That said, what's better is not always possible. In this case, the devs have already said they can NOT integrate everything over from HC into Madden and what they can integrate, will take an extended time period. I am not claiming this is the best solution, I am just trying to find out if it is a possible one. This is not some wishlist I am trying to give, I really want to know is there a way to make rosters transferable between these two EA games. I think it maybe possible because we can already do this, in a limited form, with transferring the NCAA Football draft classes into Madden.