View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
TNT713
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: A Madden "Cheese" Rating is long overdue.

We could get into many reasons this is a bad idea... But I'll focus on the one I deem most important.

I'm a football purist strategically. I own an official rulebook, maintain a decent sized library, and make it a point to be as knowledgeable as I can about real life offensive and defensive strategy so I can apply those concepts to my Madden game.

That being said, what thrills me most about Madden is the depth to which people can decide to manage their team within the framework of the game. Decisions are important. Indeed, the final score of a football game is the sum total of the decisions that are made during the game.

While I don't always agree with decisions that others make, I defend their abilities to make them despite my disapproval. As such, I object to any form of system that gives the appearance to my opponent that he needs my approval to make his decisions.

Furthermore, I despise the use of 'cheese' to describe any unorthodox football tactic used in Madden. There is legal game play and there is cheating and there may already be a feedback system to deal with cheaters.

Later