View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #296
pabby21
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Thanks, Pabby!

I think the problem you are describing (passing lanes) is actually related to Hands. Decrease the hands slider if you would like to decrease the likelihood of this happening. The other problem you describe is related to the Steal Success & Stealing sliders. If you decrease these, you will not be able to swipe the ball with such ease.

The reason why I have them set the way I do is because NBA 2K11 does not consistently produce realistic turnover numbers. Specifically, it produces a minimal amount of non-steal turnovers. I've attempted to band-aid this by producing more steal turnovers, so that teams can average 14 turnovers a game as they do in the NBA. The only other way to deal with this is by reducing the Pass Acc slider. But, personally, I can not play the game with it under 44, because the number of woefully, unexplainably inaccurate passes @ <44 ruins the game.

I think in A&S's thread someone is talking about increasing OFF AWR to 100, not DEF AWR. I do have OFF AWR @ 74-75 (can't remember the exact number), but I find that anything above 75 results in higher scoring games. I don't really want that, because some teams in the NBA still average in the 90's on points. For me, the cap to DEF AWR is 68. Anything above that results in CPU defenders that never make mistakes. In such a case, I think you would have to sacrifice suspension of disbelief for statistical accuracy. That has never been my goal.

I'm glad you are enjoying them.
thanks for the tips mate. I agree about the high scoring games, that's my BIGGEST hate, I can't stand high scoring games, it just feels wrong haha