View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 11:24 PM   #15
khaliib
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
well boo hoo, you know what a lot of people that dont get a free education have to do??? Work while going to school. So you talk about schedule of an athlete, how about the schedule of someone who has to work in order to pay for their school. So quit the crying about how tough it is to be a college athlete. Its not easier to get a shot at the pros. There are only x amount of pro athletes for any sport. Lets look at basketball. An NBA roster consists of 12 active players with 30 teams which is 360 active players. There are how many college basketball teams at the D1 level alone? 300? The pros are the elite players in the world. You can be a good h.s. player, mediocre college player and get a scholarship even if you dont have a shot at the pros. Regular college students need to worry about experience just as much as college athletes do.

I'm sick of people trying to make it sound like college athletes are slaves. We should feel so sorry for you that schools are making millions of dollars while you only get a free education.

NCAA Administrators and University Presidents and ADs and coaches make millions not off of your athletic ability, but rather because they are doing the job assigned to them. Its not like those people just sit back with their feet up in a chair smoking a cigar while they just rake in the money because of athletes. There is a ton of more work than you could ever imagine that go into those jobs which is why they are paid the money they make. They make decisions that not only affect athletes, but the entire school.
I will pray for peace through your anger you were not gifted with abilities to be a college athlete.

Your statement about "Administrators of a University getting paid for the job assigned to them", well I would say go say that to any instructor at any University and see how they feel about such a statement.

Anyhow, this site is not about our stance, but about video games.
So I will not respond anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove