View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #360
greenieblue
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfAk47
Greenie,

Just wanted to thank you as these are working really well for me! I started a new association with the Pistons (man, they're a mess) using v1.4. First game against the Nets went 86-84 to the Nets. I simulated the next few and then played the Clippers and won 97-73. Sorry, no stats for you but if you've moved on to 1.5+ then they probably wouldn't be all that useful anyway.

I am curious as to what you have been seeing over the long haul with clutch on that made you change? I think I'm a fan of it on, only because I feel like guys go on hot/cold streaks more frequently and for longer than with it off. Seems to just "feel better", whatever that means

For example, in my first game Ben Gordon was lights out for 2nd quarter (17 pts, 3-3 from 3) and I was up by 15 at half. 2nd half the nets slowly chipped away and finally took the lead with 2 minutes to play in the game. Gordon went ice cold in the 2nd half, and finished with 24 pts, missing the game winner.

In my game against the clippers, I was able to jump out to another early lead, finishing the half up by 8, ended the third up by 10 and then blew the doors off in the 4th. Gordon and Charlie V traded off carrying the load and neither really cooled off the entire game.

Anyway, not sure I'm seeing anything "disturbing" with clutch, though it has only been 2 games. Knowing your thoroughness in testing I thought maybe you have seen something that is problematic over the long haul? Or is it just a personal preference?

Thanks again for all of your hard work!
Prof,

I have no idea how Clutch Factor affects the game. My guess is that it makes the winning team play worse (specifically by lowering the odds that a shot will go in) and the losing team play better.

It's great if you want to mask flaws in the game or a slider set. Which, honestly, was why I had it on. But, the more I play with mine, I feel confident that it's unnecessary.

I don't think it's harmful in any way. So, ultimately, it's up to the user.

I prefer to believe that the outcome is decided on the court.