Old 12-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
Shogun613
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How do you defend against Empty Trips TE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
It's a defensive line audible. In NCAA it's a defensive key that makes the line pin their ears back and jump the snap, really getting after the QB. Theoretically, I thought it was the same in Madden, but it looks like the old "crash out" under a different name where the ends sprint outward, taking themselves out of the play, but forming a very nice pocket for the QB to step up in.

I can't make heads of tails of it. Has anyone else had a different experience with "pass"?
It's worked pretty good for me using the theory that many Madden players are used to rolling out of the pocket to avoid pressure. The "pass" d-line audible plays contain so if anyone tries to roll out, they roll into pressure. If they roll back deeper to avoid that, it really screws up the routes and the timing, leading to a greater percentage of the play winding up in the defense's favor. I have yet to see or play someone who actually steps up in the pocket, so I haven't been burned up the middle yet as far as that's concerned.