View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
himynameisangel
Rookie

OVR: 2
GT5 and Forza3 questions

Hello everyone. I wanna start off by saying that I am by no means a "fanboy" I have both systems, in fact, I owned a 360 before I ever had a PS3. My 360 is not longer being used, though. In fact, the only reason I still even have it is because all my Rock Band DLC is for 360. I really hate that Microsoft charges for online, and I had gone through 3 Xboxs. Anyways, Ive been looking alot into getting a racing game, seeing as how much I loved GT and GT2 back in the PS1 days, I thought GT5 of coarse. Then I learned that Forza 3 was just as good, if not better than GT5 a couple weeks ago. I've been comparing screens and videos and features over the last couple days, and have come up with this:
-1000 cars in GT5 doesnt mean as much since alot of them are the same model, different configuration
- only about 200 of them are actual high quality, but in Forza all 400+ cars are high quality.
- I think the cars look slighty better in GT5 (but seriously, WTF is up with the standard cars?!) but tracks look Much better in Forza (the track graphics are amazing)
- I think forza has better sounding cars
- I REALLY like Forza's customization
- GT5 has NASCAR, dynamic wheather (very track specific, of coarse) and night racing
1.I guess my quesitions are... How many cars on track (offline) in both games?
2. How much customization does each game have? Can you do either spoilers, body kits, wheels, custom paint jobs?
3. Does Forza have trucks? F1 type cars/races?
4. Which game has more tracks?
5. Is it worth it to dust off the old 360 to play Forza? With christmas coming up, I really cant afford both games, and I would rather spend my time with one game anyways. Im kinda leaning towards Forza, even though I've been pro PS3 for the last 2 years. I was just really disapointed when I saw the standard quality cars in GT5 and thought That sometimes...less is more!
Thanks in advance for your responses, and sorry for the long read!
Advertisements - Register to remove