View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
Meast21Forever
Pro

OVR: 13
Madden 12 Idea: Player Search

So here's my idea - give the user the ability to search for any player at any time based on any given specifications (similar to NCAA 11's recruting). I'm always finding myself looking through FA's or looking to make a trade having to sort by speed, then of the top guys, look at their catch rating or their acceleration or their route running, etc. Why not make it a bit simpler by giving us the ability to search.

For example, I need a slot receiver. I want him to be good off the line, fairly fast, but with good acceleration and Catch In Traffic ratings. In the current system, I have to sort each individually. I have to remember the top guys from each time I sort it and choose that way. Now, should we have a search option, this would be a much easier process.

Same situation, I need a slot receiver. I go into Player Search. There it gives me the option to pick my position. I pick WR. Then it gives me up to 5 options to search for. They're based on a ranking system so should I select only SPD, it would show the fastest players in the NFL at WR. Should I select all 5, it shows the best players based on my selections. I select SPD, ACC, BP (Beat Press I think is the term), CIT, and CTH. Finding my results, it gives me the option to choose "All Players", "Free Agents", "Trading Block", "NFC", or "AFC". (NFC or AFC would be for the more hardcore football guy because I wouldn't even want to think about getting Dez Brant or Desean Jackson). I pick the player and it brings up the options that are already in the game (Edit Player, Trade For Player, etc.).

This search wouldn't be limited by attributes. Maybe you just want to add the tallest player in the NFL to your roster. Maybe you want to find the heaviest player or you played a Quarterback in year 13 of your franchise and can't remember his name but you can remember his number. Maybe you're trying to make a team full of Miami Alumni. Player search would allow you to search by height, weight, number, even college.

I know this is long and most of you probably won't read all of this, but I'd like some feedback. I feel like this would be a useful addition. It probably wouldn't take much effort from Ian and the boys to include, as it's basically only a more advanced sorting of players. So, good idea?

Last edited by Meast21Forever; 12-23-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove