Rules
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

As a gamer I look for these priorities:

~ Getting the big and important parts right
~ The little things that can impact the game
~ The little things that add something new each time I play either in the form of commentary, different stadium touches or things that stand out.

~Avoid the gimmicks as that is what Madden has come to be known for.
~Avoid dummying down the game for those who really don't care. To us Sim vets it becomes not only frustrating but an insult.

Year to year there has to be improvements instead of removing features that many of come to love. You don't have to have a huge staff or tons of money. NFL 2k, NBA 2k and MLB The Show never had a huge staff to understand what the gamers want. This is where I believe the staff of EA have lost touch and instead went after the wrong market. Madden was built on being a fun, challenging Sim.

"EA Sports...it's in the game." Those days are gone thus the hit in the consumer market. The key aspects are what people look for:

The main parts:

1) Offense
2) Defense

The presentation parts:

3) Dynamic commentary
4) Changing weather
5) Pre, halftime, end shows

Graphics:

Put me down as one who could care less about the graphics and more about how the game plays and feels with presentation. Play the above listed games and you will see what is being or was done right. It begins with the right game plan and then successfully implementing it without the hype and gimmicks that gamers have become tired of.

Merry Christmas Ian, staff and OS families!
Advertisements - Register to remove