View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #35
cdon2k
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

Sadly, I have little hope for Madden 12. With every podcast they are setting expectations lower and lower. To my understanding, Ian and co. are saying they will work on offline franchise and online play primarily for Madden 12. It's unfortunate because I believe online franchise is the future of football games/Madden. This game is so far behind schedule (6 yrs. in and we only have a "decent" game to speak of) that it will take until Madden 14 just to get the game to where it needs to be without even mentioning a total physics redo. Where do I see Madden by '14? A great game, not revolutionary, but great.

The best thing EA/Tib could do to be that revolutionary game is give in and buy the backbreaker engine that natrual motion is so eager to sell and Madden becomes revolutionary by Madden 12.... YES I said Madden 12. Even with the "frankenchise" that exists in Madden 11 put into the backbreaker engine with Madden 11 breakaway animations (break tackles), you have a great revolutionary game for '12. Just do it EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove