View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #13
Lisa_Bonami
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: An AREA of AI and CPU that hasn't really been discussed...

Im in total agreement of the "Any given Sunday" in football, however, I think what I am also trying to point out with this is actually two issues:

What I have been noticing, The first problem is the Any Given Sunday format doesn't really apply in the franchise games you play and teams all too predictably perform at their TEAM RATINGS (when you actually play them out)

And the 2nd problem, which I have mentioned at the top of the post, is that there really is no coherence or relationship between a CPU's SIMMED games and then when you play them. For example, a solid rated team of let's say the Pittsburgh Steelers, with an OVR Rating of an 87, may be having a horrible year at 3-10, or something, but then when you play them, they simply play at their OVR 87 rating, indicating no algorithm relationship between the Franchise Stats and their original team attribute ratings.

I think what I'd liked to see improved in future versions of Madden, is a better carry over and relationship between the stats, performances, slumps and streaks that get simmed out versus what actually gets played out. As well as balancing it also with a bit of that 'On Any Given Sunday' unpredictability.

To be fair here, I've noticed this issue also with other EA Sports games as well. The NHL series seems to be just as bad if not worse at having teams perform differently when you play them versus what their season long franchise stats, wins and losses indicate.