View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #1
burnum
Pro

OVR: 0
New Dolphins Career

This is my new Miami Dolphins dynasty, so that means my other Fins-thread is no longer up to date. Sorry for the confusion...

I'm starting in preseason (so I won't have the 08 draft to work with), trying to turn around the worst team in the league. I'll use Tony Sparano as my Coach. My main goal is to keep the dynasty realistic, so I set up some house rules:
- No sign-and-trade deals (if I sign a FA, I'm not allowed to trade him in that season)
- I'm not allowed to trade rookies (doesn't happen in the NFL either)
- Limited roster churning - during preseason and the regular season I'm only allowed to sign 1 FA per week. It would be too easy to improve my team's weak roster by signing every decent FA available at the start of the game, so I'll limit myself here. However, there are 2 exceptions to this rule:
1) If a player is placed on IR, I am allowed to sign a FA to fill his roster spot
2) Right before the regular season starts (after the final-53 cuts) I am allowed to sign 2 FA's. This is supposed to reflect the increased roster churning that (usually the weaker) NFL teams do after the cut deadline

Summary:
Career start: Preseason
Offensive PB: self-created PB, based on the Michigan Spread PB
Defensive PB: self-created PB, based on a 3-4 base defense, mostly using man coverage
Sliders: adembroski's sliders
Coach: Tony Sparano
Draft Path: Mike Zazzali

Philosophies:

QB: Balanced (but needs some mobility)
RB: Balanced (planning to have a power back and a receiving back)
FB: Blocking
WR: Tall/Redzone Threat
TE: Balanced (needs to be a good blocker)
OL: Balanced

DE: Run Stopper
DT: Run Stopper
OLB: Pass Rusher/3-4 Blitzer
ILB: 3-4 Tackler
CB: Man Coverage/Ballhawk
FS: Balanced
SS: Balanced (may be switching to Run Support/Big Hitter later, depending on the success of my defense)

Last edited by burnum; 12-26-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove