View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #701
greenieblue
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
Also, what happens when a coach is fired in Association? The team's Coach Profile changes right?

I am just not thinking the coach profile changes are entirely necessary. How does the game play without them?

And another thing, if you save them to a living roster, they have the players already injured and you would be stuck with the roster with the injured players and updated profiles if you wanted to play a quick game or an NBA Today game. If you want to update the rosters and have the players return from injury, the coach profiles go out the window.

So, essentially these sliders only really work for Association mode. I really appreciate your work but I wish there was a way around this.
Yes, the profile changes when a coach is fired. But when a coach retires, he is recycled with a new name (same exact edited profile & appearance). The league is eventually 2/3rd's retired coaches who are recycled. This means that edited profiles will still dominate the league. You will need to edit the Patrick Ewings, Jimmy Lynams, Dave Cowens, etc. if they hang on once they replace a fired coach. But, that's easy to do.

I think the Coach Profiles edits are optional, arguable. I don't know how it plays without them and the sliders are being finished in a game w/ edited Coach Profiles.

Yes, the Coach Profile edits are for Assoc or Season Mode.

Sorry, man. I said from the start that this was a selfish venture. I tried to be as unselfish as possible, but there are limits.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-27-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove