Old 12-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #23
burnum
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New Dolphins Career

Game Review:

Raiders 17
Dolphins 21

John Beck was average (14-27, 155yds, 2 TD, 1 INT) but Ronnie Brown took over the game in the second half. Although we were not able to shut down McFadden (102 yds, 2 TD) he couldn't do enough damage to compensate for Andrew Walter's bad play (177 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT). On defense Matt Roth (10 tackles) and Hank Smithers (2 sacks) impressed.

During the Week:
nothing to report...

Game Preview, Week 12 vs New England
New England is still undefeated, we are a rebuilding team - I expect a blowout loss... LB Jerod Mayo is their only notable inactive, we are missing 3 D-Liners, 2 O-Liners and our best defensive player (Porter).

Game Review:

Patriots 35
Dolphins 0

This was even uglier than I expected... Our first 2 drives ended in interceptions, their first 2 drives ended in touchdowns. John Beck threw for 88 yds and 2 picks in the first half. In the second half I played Dennis Dixon who was even worse, throwing for just 46 yds and 3 picks before being pulled for Chad Henne midway through the 4th. Henne failed to complete a pass but he wasn't picked either. Brady threw for 274 yds and 3 scores while Maroney averaged over 5 yds per carry on 17 attempts. Ronnie was ok (6-36) but I decided to rest him in the second half and Patrick Cobbs finished the game. Matt Roth continued to be our best pass rusher and Michael Lehan had 2 INT's before getting injured late in the game. At least Brandon Fields had a good day, averaging 48.0 yds on 5 punts.

During the Week:
Michael Lehan is out for 3-5 weeks.
Brandon Manumaleuna is out for the season and placed on IR. FB Mike Tolbert was signed to take his roster spot.

Game Preview, Week 13 at St.Louis
The Rams are without their starting QB Marc Bulger. Trent Green will start in his absence. If we can contain RB Steven Jackson we might have a chance, unless of course our QB throw more picks than completions again...

Game Review:

Dolphins 17
Rams 24

Yep, we couldn't contain their running game. Steven Jackson rushed for 113 yds and 2 scores and Samkon Gado added 66 yds. The Rams dominated Time of Possession 43-17. John Beck played bad as usal (16-29, 191 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT) and Ronnie Brown didn't get many chances to shine. Ernest Wilford had a good day receiving (5-92, TD). On defense, Akin Ayodele lead the team with 13 tackles while OLB Tony Bake had 3 TFL and a sack.

During the Week:
Miami Dolphins signed WR Koren Robinson, released RB Jalen Parmele. Robinson is expected to be used mainly as a second returner next to Ted Ginn on Kickoff Returns.
T Kirk Barton will be out 1-2 weeks.
RB Ronnie Brown will be out for this week. It remains to be seen how long he'll have to sit out.

Game Preview, week 14 at Buffalo
With Ronnie out my entire gameplan is destroyed. Patrick Cobbs and Ryan Torain will share carries instead (Cobbs is better suited for outside runs and as a receiver and blocker, Torain is better suited for inside runs). Defensively, we'll focus on shutting down the run and forcing Trent Edwards to beat us through the air. Buffalo is without DT Marcus Stroud (he always seems to be injured) and CB Leodis McKelvin.