View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #28
burnum
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New Dolphins Career

Free Agency Recap:

During Free Agency, we signed the following players:
DT Dre Moore, 1 yr (will likely move to DE in our 3-4)
CB Anthony Henry, 1 yr
LB Bart Scott, 3 yrs
FS James Sanders, 2 yrs

The Brown cut WR Braylon Edwards and he's still a FA. Depending on how the draft goes we might join the race to sign him.

Draft Plans:
We have the #12 pick in each round with some additional late round picks. There are 2 players in the draft who I'd consider 'Elite', QB Mike Zazzali and CB DeMario Waddell. Both are projected top 5 picks, however if one of the slips out of the top 5, I'll try to trade up and get him. In case we stay at #12 my plan is to either pick MLB Gino King or trade down in the 20's to get the best CB available.

As I have QB issues and need a mobile QB for my spread offense I have set my sights on USF QB Jon Heatley. He doesn't have a rocket arm but he can run and should develop some accuracy with a good QB coach. He should be available in the late 2nd or early 3rd.

My main tool for scouting is the NFL comparison. I figured that it provides a very good indicator early ruound busts and late round sleepers. That said I have scouted a Safety from Alabama (D.Sharper comparison) and a big DT from a small College who would be a perfect fit for my 3-4 defense (Shaun Rogers comparison). There's also a LE with a Adewale Ogunleye comparison but he's only in the 260's so he would have to move to OLB in my defense. I also spotted a Guard from Nebraska with an Alan Faneca comparison and a LOLB compared to Lance Briggs. All of them should be available in the mid/late rounds. I could also use some help at WR but I've yet to find somebody who fits the mold (Tall/Red Zone Philosophy).

As I learned from last season's injury problems, you can't trust guys with low INJ rating. Thus, all injury prone players will be available for trade if the price is right.