View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 12:41 AM   #777
Atlanta
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

i played with sliders last year that had it almost down pat. i forget who made it, but they were on the easier side but the computers weren't pushovers - they made open shots, played defense, etc. but the main factor of realism is based on the player himself but we view this from different perspectives. i played realistically, allowing plays to develop and then i played hard defense down the line. i would end up having realistic numbers but i would play in a realistic way so that the numbers came out as such - i didn't shoot every time i could or always went on fastbreaks.that's how i would like to play and these sliders are just the first ones that i've tested to a higher extent. i'll keep on searching though and let you know how i think of them. i'm not saying it's better if we all play on rookie mode but play realistically because that's not a challenge at all and would be even harder to come out with life-like stats when all of your shots are going in. i'm just saying, there is a midpoint where there is equal give and take between the two sides the sliders vs. the player playing.

thank you for sharing htese sliders though. i'm sure with some teams they would be perfect, but for me, i don't think it's there. i will see if i tweak it and would let you know how things go from there.