View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
mjhyankees
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: I finally gave Madden a chance, and I love it... Madden 10, that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I'm usually pretty vocal about being an NCAA guy, and I usually don’t go for Madden, but I got the NFL itch over Christmas break, and rented Madden 11. I really didn’t like what I saw. Compared to NCAA 11, I felt like Madden 11 was a definite downgrade. I’m not usually one who cares too much about graphics, as long as they’re decent, but to me Madden 11 looks awful. The player models have huge heads that make them look ridiculous. Also, I found all camera options to be unplayable. The default camera jerks around like an amateur film, and the other options are either too zoomed in or too zoomed out. In terms of commentary, I quickly had to turn it off, for obvious reasons. Most importantly, I never could find a slider combination that produced a fun, realistic game.

On a whim, I decided to download the Madden 10 demo, and was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. I picked up Madden 10 used for $8, and I’ve been having a great time with it. The default camera angle is workable, the commentary isn’t over-the-top annoying, and—maybe I’m crazy—but the graphics are much better. Even little things like the menu design and cut scenes come off better in Madden 10. And it didn't take me long to find a slider combo that gave me a realistic, enjoyable game. The only thing I really miss from Madden 11 is the run blocking and running animations. I feel like everything else is equal or better in Madden 10.

Anyone out there prefer Madden 10?
Funny you say this....Madden 10 was the first next gen madden I got. And in Madden 11, as usual they cut out features from Madden 10 (halftime show etc.)...I don't know why they do that...just to piss us off???
I feel like Madden 10 in general looked a little better but madden 11 plays better...it feels like old gen more to me (including same problems). I'm now playing 11 and like it alot for the game play (have good sliders now too), Madden 10 felt more frustrating to me game play wise...too many KO for TD's, int's etc but it was definately a better looking game. I'm satisfied with 11 but agree with you on the graphics. funny, whenever I played NCAA I felt like the game didn't play smoothly, yet many out there swear each year it's a better game. Anyway, good luck, love to hear what you think.