View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
fistofrage
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: I finally gave Madden a chance, and I love it... Madden 10, that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I'm usually pretty vocal about being an NCAA guy, and I usually don’t go for Madden, but I got the NFL itch over Christmas break, and rented Madden 11. I really didn’t like what I saw. Compared to NCAA 11, I felt like Madden 11 was a definite downgrade. I’m not usually one who cares too much about graphics, as long as they’re decent, but to me Madden 11 looks awful. The player models have huge heads that make them look ridiculous. Also, I found all camera options to be unplayable. The default camera jerks around like an amateur film, and the other options are either too zoomed in or too zoomed out. In terms of commentary, I quickly had to turn it off, for obvious reasons. Most importantly, I never could find a slider combination that produced a fun, realistic game.

On a whim, I decided to download the Madden 10 demo, and was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. I picked up Madden 10 used for $8, and I’ve been having a great time with it. The default camera angle is workable, the commentary isn’t over-the-top annoying, and—maybe I’m crazy—but the graphics are much better. Even little things like the menu design and cut scenes come off better in Madden 10. And it didn't take me long to find a slider combo that gave me a realistic, enjoyable game. The only thing I really miss from Madden 11 is the run blocking and running animations. I feel like everything else is equal or better in Madden 10.

Anyone out there prefer Madden 10?
I'm just an NCAA guy, but I got Maden 2010 for Christmas. Haven't even tried Madden 2011 and haven't had a Madden since the Ray Lewis cover for PS2 whatever year that was.

I really like Madden 2010.

One question I have though is On all Madden, the 4 global human sliders are at 15. If you go into Custom you can change the undividual sliders like QBA, Pass Blocking, WR catch, etc. They are set up in groups of 3 that feed up to the global sliders. If your group of 3 sliders totals 75 or less, the global slider will be at 15.

Anyway, does anyone know what exactly the individual sliders are for All-Madden. You can only see the globals of 15. I would like to know the human formula that makes that up. And on ALL-MADDEN is the AI really just playing with all their sliders at 50 or is there something going on behind the scenes there.

I noticed if I put in custom sliders the AI catches alot of balls by the sidelines, but doesn't get 2 feet in, when I played ALL-MADDEN, the AI was doing some sideline animations where they would drag their feet. Very interesting.