Old 12-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #36
burnum
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New Dolphins Career

Game Review:

Dolphins 7
Texans 28

The rollercoster ride continues with this loss at Houston. Our offense couldn't get anything going, although this time John Beck cannot be blamed too much (11-18, 131 yds, TD). He doesn't turn the ball over that much this season
We had absolutely no running game (11-12) and the trick plays were ineffective. On the other side, Matt Schaub took our defense apart for 233 yds and 4 TD's (1 INT). Most of his passes went to Jacoby Jones (10-112, 3 TD) who torched Anthony Henry all day. On defense, Akin Ayodele had a good day (11 tackles and a pick) and Sandrick Raines' INT streak finally ended.

Off-Topic:
I have a theory: When you super-sim games, a Cover 2 defense is unstoppable. I always wondered why some teams with average talent (Bucs, Bills, Texans) are perannial Playoff teams in this game. I change between playing the games and super-simming them. I play the even weeks (Game 2,4,6...) and super-sim the uneven games (1,3,5...), not counting the bye week. When I play against teams with a Cover 2 (Buffalo last week) I usually have no problems beating it by flooding certain areas of the field and shifting players around. When I super-sim the games I usually lose against Cover 2 teams.

Do you guys have similar experiences facing Cover 2 teams?

During the Week:
Guard Twan Waters was resigned to a new 5-year contract. He came to training camp as an undrafted FA and locked down the starting RG spot.
Kicker Dan Carpenter, Cornerback Will Allen, Defensive End Lionel Dotson and Fullback Mike Tolbert have all signed one-year extensions.

Game Preview, Week 6 at Tampa Bay:
Kasom and Tribble are still out for us, Tampa is without Tackle Luke Petitgout, backup C Sean Mahan and backup RB Carnell Williams. They have a good Offensive Line but no real playmakers at the skill positions. On defense, some of their former star players (Brooks, Barber) are getting older but we'll have to be careful not to give their very good safeties many chances to make plays. A key matchup will be Jake Long vs Gaines Adams...