View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #7
khaliib
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Anyone Have Any Tips or Trends For Creating NCAA Draft Classes?

Another good thing about the imported player's, is that you do have somewhat control of the rookies using this method vs not having any say using Madden's in-game generated rookies.

Though positional attributes do change when imported, many attributes outside of their position remain somewhat constant when imported.

Ex.
I edited most highly rated Jr/Sr DL/LB jump ratings to 12 (lowest attribute in Madden) and they come in between 12-25, which prevent the spiderman jumps by these guys.

Along the same lines, I edit DB's under 5'11" with jump ratings under 65, while giving 6'3" and above the 99 rating which help give height some kind of rational in the game.

I've also reduced the tackle rating for corner's because Madden generates them way too high, which makes 180lb guy's bring down 230lb RB's with ease. Combined with the Hit Power rational below, these corners make an tackle attempt and bounce off or are dragged by bigger backs.

I then increase "Hit Power" of Def-Players to above 99 (**explanation below) which brings out the animation of an aggressive tackle attempt while forcing other ball carrier animations to be displayed.

**As I stated on the NCAA side, the Hit Power acts as an "Agressiveness" rating to the BALL during gameplay.
Above 90, guys will attack the BALL very aggressive, but tackle rating still plays a role.
If it is a run, they will bring the "Wood",instead of the "Hug-a-Bear" animation.
If it is a pass, they make aggressive attempts (dives, collisions etc...) to the ball.

There are others ratings you can do also that will have some impact on gameplay and affect your experience.

Last edited by khaliib; 12-29-2010 at 11:21 PM.