Old 12-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
badasp83
Rookie

badasp83's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: APF2K8 Roster Editor in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjspeaks
Thanks to catcatch's hex editing and mapping of the APF2K8 roster file, Valdarez will be writing an APF2K8 Roster Editor. If you have specific requests, follow the threads and post:

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278120
Maybe a dumb question, but what's the difference between what sum have already been doing with Hex Editor & an 'APF 2K8 Roster Editor'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Here is what I posted over there in terms of suggestions. Fellas, lets defiintely do our parts in making sure this editor is everything it needs to be. :thumbsup:
I think I gave a WR 6 abilities, but can only see first 5. I'll have to check again. I don't recall seeing it in edit player screen. Also how do you correctly add ability codes that are in the same space. The one post said to add say '04 + 02 = 06'. I tried a few & know at least 2 ended up with wrong ability. Is it done using special Hex math or something. Cause the example given seemed pretty straightforward. Or is it just for certain number amounts. I know one such addition of abilities added up to same spot code for a totally different undesired ability. I know I had to drop off an ability or two due to this. Hope someone has this figured out.