Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New Dolphins Career

Offseason:

cut LB Reggie Torbor
DE Vonnie Holliday announced his retirement
placed the franchise tag on WR Braylon Edwards
signed CB Ellis Hobbs as a FA (3 yrs)
traded QB DeAngelo McCoy to the Chiefs for their 3rd round pick (75th OVR)
traded WR Brandon London to the Bears for a 2011 4th round pick
traded a 2011 4th round pick to the Broncos for DE Elvis Dumervil, switched position to OLB
signed TE Vernon Davis as a FA (2 yrs)
signed DT Tank Tyler as a FA (2 yrs), switched position to DE
re-signed LB Reggie Torbor as a FA (2 yrs)

Draft Preview:
Our priority is to find a franchise QB in this draft. We can't come away from this draft without a decent QB. There are 3 guys who will go in the top half of round 1 (Thompson, Scotland, Huckerbee). If one of them falls to #10 it's a no brainer for me. If they're all gone by then I'll pick BPA or trade down. In this case I'll go after Vanderbilt QB Wade Appling in round 2.
Other positions of need are: 3-4 Defensive End (a successor to Vonnie Holliday), Strong Safety (an upgrade over James Sanders), Pass Rushing OLB and WR (someone across Braylon Edwards). A decent power back would also be nice...
I don't have too many mid-round picks this year, so I'm a bit restricted when it comes to moving up in the early rounds (unless other teams are interested in our players on the block). I will not trade up this year. I'll pick whichever QB is available at #10. Alternatives would be one of the WR's (Bender or Binger) or a DE from Ohio State who has a Richard Seymore comparison. If I should trade down I'll target the area around #20 to grab one of the two standout Safeties.
We have 2 early second rounders (#37 and #42). One of them might have to be used on the Vandy QB. With the other 2nd rounder I'll probably pick the best player available at a position of need (see above).
Advertisements - Register to remove