View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #52
dragonyeuw
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 1992 Chicago Bulls vs 1996 Chicago Bulls

96 Bulls. In my opinion the benches/role players nearly cancel themselves out. Steve Kerr and Buechler against Paxson and Armstrong, wash. Longley versus Cartwright, wash. Stacy King/Cliff Livingston versus Jason Caffey/Wennington, wash. No real advantages asides from Kukoc, but that is a big difference maker.

Rodman over Grant. Better rebounder obviously, and scoring-wise Grant averaged like 12-14 ppg largely off putbacks and passes from Jordan-Pippen, effectively a garbage scorer with a decent jumpshot. Rodman didn't score, but he put all his efforts into hustle, rebounding, and defense.

As for the dynamic duos, 96 Jordan has the experience edge, 92 Jordan the physical one. They'd be successful against each other, but for different reasons. 96 MJ with the post game and fadeaway, 92 with the athletic advantage and a good jumpshot. 96 Pippen, however, was much better than 92 Pippen. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the difference between the 2 Pippens is larger than the difference between the 2 Jordans, which would be a big advantage for 96 Bulls. 92 Pippen was a heck of a player, but still prone somewhat to physical play. 96 Pippen was 30 years old, had the experience of leading the Bulls in Jordan's absence, and was a much tougher and confident overall player by then.

I say 96 Bulls in 7 close games.

Last edited by dragonyeuw; 01-06-2011 at 02:04 AM.