Old 01-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #107
Reejer
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm talking about football fundamentals.
Gotcha. Thanks for not getting pissy with my post. And thanks for just explaining what you find disfunctional in Madden. I agree 100% with each of your thoughts. It's funny, I always knew that there was something lacking in special teams (kick coverage), but I never looked to see what was wrong (good job).

Quote:
I'm much more concerned about how ratings, penalties & speed are interpreted than I am about them being "correct".
I totally agree with you on this one. I have reverted to playing M-06' (PS2), because ratings actually had an effect on gameplay.

Quote:
With the exception of physics, which is a very big deal IMO, I could wait on these.
I agree that physics would create an actual fix to alot of the games problems (like your edge/speed rushing example, the engaged player mobility, possibly the gap/contain assignments, and many more). But in addition to physics, I don't know how long I can wait for a functional IR, PS, a proper progression/regression system, a deep Franchise Mode, and I know I will get a ration of grief about this, but I would like to see a great immersive Superstar Mode too.