View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #201
eye_opener
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player Progression In Franchise Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
As I said before in a previous post - if average players are generating silly stats then your sliders need changing (or as Deelron keeps pointing as well - the human player is taking advantage of poor cpu AI). Either way the player involved should not see a significant rating increase. Potential rating needs to stay otherwise franchises fall apart as Madden players turn their scrubs into Jerry Rice simply by throwing them the ball a lot. Utterly ridiculous.
Does this then mean the player (both on the team and controlling) should be penalized with proper game planning. If I were to take away my ability to effectively understand offensive and defensive schemes to the point of consistent success my difficulty rating would be custom. The computer would get bonuses to at least 70% where I would have to take penalties to 20-30% ACROSS THE BOARD. However all this does is minimize my players' natural abilities and the CPU's players' weaknesses (where i will be lucky to complete my drop back AND throw a pass before getting hit where the CPU can sit in the pocket for a quarter if they want. While this is a challenge is it realistic? And yes I've messed around enough to figure this out). The main problem with the game and difficulty is not ratings but AI and the only way to get a good challenge is to have the sliders set to where the game resembles an nfl playoff team against a middle of the pack non-BCS conference college team. On the standard Madden difficulty I still score an average of 35 pts while holding most teams, even those with prolific, balanced offesnses to under 10 (with 9, usually 3 FGs, being the most consistent score)
Advertisements - Register to remove