View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #62
kcarr
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Redskins Career

Week 10, New York Giants
During the week
Mike Wahle signed a 1 year contract extension. While not a great player he is a solid starter for my O-Line and this extension will fill in atleast 1 more spot next year and delay having to find a replacement.

Also, during the bye week we had another draft update. As we have struggled trying to sign Sheldon Brown to a long term deal cornerback has become much more of a need giving me a tough decision between that and an interior lineman for my first pick, probably just outside the top 60.

This draft has a lot of talent at the top in the corner position with a couple players showing the potential to be real shut down corners. On the offensive line, however, there is a lot more depth to this class from what I have seen and I may be more able to acquire a better player later in the draft.

That said, along with the draft we will probably have enough money to make 1 big free agent pickup if sheldon isn't resigned. Nnamdi Asomugha and Logan Mankins are so far both unsigned and if either of them made it through they could fill one of those needs making the decision much easier.

Other than that I don't really have needs and will be more in the search for best players available looking to add depth and maybe a couple playmakers.

Preview
New York is a tough team and has a winning record in the division at 2-1 and is also fighting for a wildcard spot if they don't beat us out for the division. The division lead is another thing in the mix here as us winning would keep us alone in the number 1 spot whereas them winning would tie us up and give them the tiebreaker.

They have a very good offense centered around a great oline which is even better with the addition of rookie Langston Walker, a powerful interior blocker. They did lose amani toomer but steve smith has looked good in his place. Their defense is also very strong across the board giving them one of the most talented teams across the board.

Injuries
we have noone injured for the 1st time all season. They are just missing a backup linebacker.

Keys to the game
The renaldo moon vs plaxico burress matchup. Burress is Eli Manning's favorite target. Moon is good against big physical receivers and did very well against chris chambers last week. Sure chambers had 6 catches for 64 yards but it took him being thrown at 14 times to do it. If we can hold plax to that kind of performance it will be good for us.

Jamal Buckingham against a front 7. Jamal is the leagues top rusher currently on pace for a 2000 yard season and 24 TDs. It will be tough for him to keep this pace but anything close will be an amazing season for an undrafted player in his second year coming off of a very limited rookie season.

The Giants running back combo against our linebackers. Our aging backers at times seem to lack the toughness playing the run and that won't cut it against a tandem like Jacobs and Bradshaw. Jacobs is on pace for a 1000 yard season and they are both on pace for double didget TDs.

Washington wins 38-10
Another big win for a Washington team that currently looks unstoppable. Buckingham had another 200 yard game and added in 3 TDs.

There was a little bit of a scare late in the second quarter. With 50 seconds left we were up 17-3 when Eli found plax wide open and he slipped a tackle and ran for a 60 yard TD. Then a couple plays later Campbell threw a pick and with 35 seconds till halftime they had a shot to tie the score from our 37. They couldn't gain any yards though and in the second half we just turned our game on and buried them.

Buckingham had 179 yards in the second half including a 70 yard TD run. Duhon had his 1st 100 yard game since the season opener making 3 catches for 107 yards and a pair of TDs. He is in the running for offensive rookie of the year and is now getting close to double didget TDs.

After this convincing win we are well secured in our top spot in the division and have a 2-1 division record. The Cowboys once again remain an oddity having the best division record in the NFC East but being stuck in last place unable to win games outside the division.