View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
tabulaRasa
Pro

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
if they used this year to build on Live 10, Elite would have been able to compete. 2k11 should thank Live 10 b/c it plays a lot like it and 'borrows' a lot from its gameplay.

Ppl only want two year cycles on a game they like and feel has been unsatisfactory for a few years. IMO gameplay wise, NBA 2k11 and MLB: The Show has really been more of the same over the past few years. But since they are believed to be the cream of the crop...most users won't say they need a 2 yr cycle.

If a person wants a two year cycle, skip a year.....guess what? most cant. So they 'really' don't want it, they just talk about it like they do. After two years, what if you don't like it? you will have to wait 4 years to get a game you MIGHT like...whereas on they yearly cycled you will have the opportunity to like multiple titles.

Also, ppl attention span w/ games are so short. They are constantly trading in games after a few months. You mean they would wait 6 or so months of not playing a game to update it? We don't even know what the addition of players (faces), animation, and miscellaneous code support will entail...Companies will hv to purchase the next patch to support the DLC, Have developers work on all functions of the DLC and patch...possibly patch the patch...get players in for scans....get new arenas/courts/jerseys in via DLC and patched support...users will need to download all of this (no telling the size and time)..all this while working on the 2yr version at the same time. Worth it?...might as well put out a new product.

So, there's no guarantee you will like it. No guarantee it will be bug free (never happening). No guarantee the features you are 'waiting on" will be added. No guarantee the Company will recoup 2x the profit they are forfeiting. Teams to work on the old game and new game, restructuring of the workforce, etc....IMO, i dont think it's worth it...especially when the results aren't close to being guaranteed or even favorable.
Oh really? I always thought EA was the ones who stole from NBA2K. And last time I checked Wang used to work at 2K, and is now back at 2K. So I wonder where EA got their ideas, besides the innovation they borrowed from 2K before that. The 2K guy Wang , even saw EA go in the wrong design direction and left for 2K again. Another thing showing EAs agenda.
Advertisements - Register to remove