Old 01-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #18
kpkpkp
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: So Madden QB's Equal Invincible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
The game should have a injury system like in the wrestling video games. Some of it could be hidden, but some could be mentioned in updates by your Strength and Conditioning Coach/team doctor.

This would immensely help make the wear and tear of certain positions accurate. If your RB carried 300 times a season he should be worn out by the playoffs. That's why more teams use RB by committee.

It could also be tied into injuries. Your WR tears his ACL, he's done for the season and for two years his ACC and SPD take a hit in ratings. He would also be more susceptible to further injuries.

As the players age their bodies wear down, you lose the zip on your intermediate throws, the sacks start to knock you out for a series, not just a play.

It would add a great deal of dynamic story lines to the games.
Excellent post.

My friend and I were just talking about this very thing the other day.

Especially the part about a RB carrying 300 times a year, VS 2 running backs splitting 150 carries each.

I would love to see something like this in Madden, it would offer another layer of strategy you would need to consider.... Like in my Lions franchise I run Jahvid Best 90% of the time, when in real life that would be unlikely... If there were something in Madden like this, I would need to rely on Smith for more carries since I would wear down Best if I didnt.