View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #1003
iameich
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

though it may seem like im new to this forum, i've been keeping up with these sliders & reading every ones posts ever since the pre-patch sliders.

*i just finally decided to create an account lol.

i'd like to thank greenie & everybody else that helped out with these sliders up to the latest version 3.0.

i'm a hardcore nba2k player. i only play wit whatever team LeBron is in, so this year i rock with the MIAMI HEATLES!

when i say im hardcore, i mean i run plays, i call timeouts when needed. i play just like the real life player tendencies. i look for the open basketball shot(i am a bron fan). heck, i even use coach spolstra's substition rotation. i dont force possessions. only when i get frustrated with the cpu defense & thats when i realize what im doing wrong and call a regroup timeout. <-- thats just some of the "realistics" i try my best to portray in 2K11.

im currently testing v3.0 with minor tweeks along with the coach profiles.
i tweeked pass accuracy from 44 to 47. on 44 i was averaging about 15-20 turnovers a gm which on 82games.com is normal average. but some turnovers were a lil crazy like inbounding and the player totally lets the pass go out of bounds smh.

i also noticed that having injury frequency on 51 causes aout an injury a game. i played a significant ammount of games to notice this trend so i slightly lowered it back to defult 50 & seem to not have as many injuries.

also, go for on-ball steals on 100 has players reaching carelessly even when they are in foul trouble. i lowered this to 97 & im still getting some careless reaches that result in fouls from my CPU teammates and CPU apponent so i might adjust to -1 to see how that works out.

1 more tweek. since i only play with the MIAMI HEAT using dehpierrot coach profile edits, i noticed he has the HEAT's help defense at 96! now, i have seen enough HEAT games this year (thanks to NBA LEAGE PASS) to know that they dont double team the ball everytime the opponents pg is bringing up the ball to set up their half court offense. i lowered this to 82 and noticed a good balance of help defense when the other teams pg is bringing up the ball after a made basket.

with that being said, these sliders are the best i've ever played with. the move to ALL STAR was great on your part. Pro was getting too easy and was lacking the up & down, make a run give a run struggle of a 12 minute NBA game.

so far, ive played the Blazers, Clippers & Nuggets with v3.0 using my tweeks and have been 3-0 although the Nuggets gave me a big scare due to Melo's take over in the 4th. No match for the Heatles though.

these sliders have brought excitement & realism into this game.

**if i came across the wrong way in this post or stating any of my tweeks, i dont mean any harm. im just a dude that loves the NBA & NBA2K11. i appreaciate the work u and the rest of the guys have put into these sets.

now off to play the Bulls. ill post stats when im done. holla back.