View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #1083
ffpp
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

I just tried these sliders with the Blazers on All-Star with 12min quarters. My game version is still 1.0 (PC).
I didn't use the coaching setting, just wanted to test the rest of the sliders and was too lazy to edit all the coaching stuff.

The game was against the Knicks. Me lost 114 - 109, so for my first game on All-Star it wasn't that bad.
During the first quarter I realized how my opponents were going for onball-steals and had to dribble much more carefully around the perimeter. I lost the first Q by 28-18 or something.
I seemed to have a hard time stopping driving players, especially quicker guards. That was clearly partly on me, but these sliders seem to encourage driving.
Only that my teammates felt a bit sluggish to close the driving lane when I got beat on the ball. Help-D was set at around 50% on the coaching sliders.
There were a lot of fouls going on in the second half, both teams got close to 10 fouls in each of the last 2 quarters. 37 FTAs stood for both teams in the end.
FG% and rebounding seemed ok, I kept my turnovers to "only" 17, which was also ok considering the aggressive defensive AI I had to adjust to at first. So no stats where out of whack.

Just wanted to report that those sliders also feel quite nice pre-patch. I will tell you if anything queer comes up as I observe what they do to my next few games
Thanks for putting all the effort into them.