View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #23
stcloudgopher
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0
I don't really care what the developers do as I don't purchase the newest version every year. I alternate the NHL and FIFA series (except this year where I skipped FIFA all together) as well as alternate Madden and Tiger (except this year where I will skip Tiger all together).

I do tend to buy NCAA FB every year, though I did skip 07 and 08.

I haven't bought a basketball game since College Hoops 2K6.

Baseball is a bit different as I bought The Show 10 from a friend as a curiosity to see if I enjoyed it. I liked it well enough (and like what I hear from the devs) that 11 is a likely purchase. The 2K series is in my rear view until I hear that it simply cannot be missed.

I'm a sim-style racer, but still play Forza 1. I have no interest in GT5 even though it is my favorite series in the genre. I didn't like what I heard/read about it.

I simply do not have the time or money to purchase games every year. It would be nice to have an every other year cycle, but, again, I already do that. As far as buying the updates and whatnot, I don't envision myself doing that. I rarely purchase anything that is available as DLC. I suppose that would change if it were the only solution, but it would be just as likely that I would end up playing different games, or not playing at all.

Paying for updates and the like is the first step toward making us pay $60 for a game that comes incomplete. The day will come when you will buy a disc that must be used to play the game you downloaded. Your system will identify your unique 360/PS3 address with the unique "address" of the DLC with the unique "address" of the disc. There will be no more used game problems because each disc and all DLC content will work with only your individual system. Of course, the disc will be $60, DLC will be micro based where you pay by piece. Each NFL division would be $5, the Super Bowl stadium will be $5, dreads and ponytails will set you back $5 (though all hair styles will be unlocked that way).

Just wait.