View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #19
shttymcgee
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Locomotion refinement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Agility in Madden and NCAA controls the speed of which players can make turns and movements at their top speed.

Meaning if you got 50 agility, when you go to make a cut or turn, you will be forced to slow down while doing it. Where as if you had 90, you can make maintain your full speed without any slow downs during turns and cuts.

It would have been better if Madden and NCAA used the player weight instead, but in Madden and NCAA weight don't matter at all in running. Weight only matters in tackle situations.

I mean I could make a 350 pound RB but give him 90 agility with 90 speed, 86 acceleration and he will run around the field like he is Barry Sanders. Weight don't matter when it comes to running, only agility does.
Why should weight matter if there's an agility rating? Weight should matter with momentum, and I agree there should be animations based on body type, but the definition of agility is the ability to change direction. Weight is mutually exclusive from that. Rex Grossman weighs less than Damarcus Ware, but I'm pretty sure Ware can change directions with better coordination and more efficiently too.