Old 01-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #17
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Cam Newton!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primerica
Cam is a beast man, he will have to adjust to playing in a pro style and making reads but he has the ability and the talent to become a great in the NFL. I don't trust Madden in terms of rating him. You guys rated Vick a 68 and 74. Vick should have been much higher. I think after the combine and draft Cam should be a 77 as a rookie. He has the speed, agility, elusiveness, arm and the talent. But something like deep ball accuracy will be low and his Awareness should probably be in the 50-60's as a rookie. His potential needs to be a 99.
Vick as a 68-74 when he was coming out of VaTech makes perfect sense to me. He was a strong armed quarterback who could run, but he hadn't proven he could read (as in college he made one read and ran) and hadn't shown particularly good accuracy.

I don't think people have given Reid and the Eagle's coaching staff enough credit with Vick. They've shored up his approach and his technique is better. Now, maybe someone gets a hold of Cam that can help him in that way, but I don't think Cam comes close to Vick's natural ability, so I don't think coaching can get him to that level.

I think that'll come through in the scouting. Cam will drop... he'll have a good combine, but a great 40 does not a great QB make. He'll go in the 2nd-3rd round. Unless Josh McDaniels gets another job.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.