View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #1216
Cesco
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
The problem is how the cpu goes about getting the stats it seems. All my stats were in order until the 4th qtr. The cpu just refuses to let the human player get an advantage it seems. Unbelievable things happen in order to keep the games close as far as I can tell
That's the problem. Sure stats will be very useful as usual, but CPU tend to adapt to your game and do it slightly better. The 40-17 4th quarter by FLIGHTWHITE is the proof. Maybe at the end of the third stats were off, but that weird last quarter made them perfectly fine at the end. I believe FLIGHTWHITE even if he didn't post stats, because the same happened to me several times and my angry posts came from games like these. I played a lot of games lately and I never posted stats because I was so pissed off that I quit on half of them. Now I'm so skeptical because I'm afraid that this CPU behavior cannot be easily solved. Even a boost in Human defense or a cut in CPU offensive potential can't help it (and I hate doing it, I mean uneven sliders), because everything seems pre-planned. It's the way they programmed difficulty levels.

And if someone is experiencing completely different results and NEVER sees strange CPU behavior please tell what roster you're using, what console, how you play defense, ect. Like many people said before, you know when the CPU is going on a run, because gameplay becomes frantic, they shoot very fast, CPU awareness is crazy, full court passes with a CPU player waiting for the pass under the basket. All these made me quit a lot lately... damn game.

Why don't they put in a single difficulty level and let people use sliders to change difficulty? These forums are so full of clever guys like Greenie that put time and passion into the game, people with great ideas, knowledge of the game and aware of what gamers want. 2K, hire them please! :-D