View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
ABR173rd
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Talented players actually affecting teams in Franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringeelement
I'm one of those guys that controls all 32 teams and I've noticed this as well. It doesn't seem to matter how many 90+ players certain teams have, they still suck. And the Patriots and Saints are always good. Although, in my 4th and 5th years of franchise, the Broncos and Raiders came out of nowhere to make it to the Super Bowl, and the Broncos won. So, there is hope that teams can get hot. Interestingly enough, the Broncos went 4-12 the year after they won it all. Super Bowl hangover, maybe? It'll be interesting to see if they rebound in my upcoming season or if their championship was just a fluke in the sim engine.

Onthe same note, it seems that simmed stats dont accurately reflect a teams record. For instance, a team can have a top ten raanked offense in terms of yards gained and a top ten defense, but still have a losing record and vice versa.
I noticed that as well with a team being number 1 in stopping the run and points allowed but record doesn't reflect it....Usually a team that leads the league in turnovers is at least .500+ yet Carolina in one of my franchise has lead the league in Int's and Fumbles yet has finished in the bottom three in standings every season.

The Browns team I was talking about has a team overall of 92 probably the best in my chise right now and they have went on an eight game win streak since both Bree's 98 overall and Mccoy 86 ovrl went out for the season with Ryan Mallet 68 ovrl starting??? Before the Brees injury they went 4-12 previous season and started out 0-4.....