Old 01-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
Boling4Humor
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Making trades more thought provoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
Love this idea. They would need to integrate some sort of calender though, as it is it's just Sunday to Sunday.

I'd like to imrpove upon your idea with counteroffering. Say it takes 2-3 days for the team to respond, and they like the general idea but feel they would want an extra late round pick from you. You then can choose to either Accept, Decline, or Edit Offer. Then if you edit, if the CPU team doesn't like it the 2nd or 3rd try they could end negotiations. My main thing is the CPU having power. I feel like I can literally do whatever I want in my franchise. I know the players who are good before they come out, I can trade any 1-year left vet star for a 1st an 3rd, I can horde young players due to botched salaries and lack of holdouts....I want the computer to be smart and realistic enough where I feel the challenge of GM/coaching a team on any given day. Trades should be tougher to pull off, as well as having the CPU initiate an offer...If a star demands a trade due to contract, his value should plummet if they can't find a suitor. That's where personality comes in, if he is THAT MAD, it should say inactive and you have to either trade him for pennies or cut him (TO on the Eagles, they had to deactivate/release him in 05)

I could have worded this better, but I'm extremely overtired. Moral of my story: CPU needs to behave like 31 active teams or all these points are moot. Here's to hoping.
This. Is. Awesome Davey. I hope that maybe Ian and co. would consider this idea for any future games.
Advertisements - Register to remove