View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #1289
Cesco
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergslim gk
Slim's Defensive Settings Guide

Player Assignments

Assign your best perimeter defenders to their best perimeter players.*
Assign your best post defenders to their best post players.*

Double Team Setting

Set all players to "In The Paint". The reason to do this is it helps to not give up as many easy buckets by people who get beat off the dribble.*

If your opponent has any post players that can't be guarded one on one because of a high post offense rating, ex. Zach Randolph, you set them to double team "Always". They mostly only get the ball on the block anyway and this helps to bring the double quick before they make their move.*

On-Ball Settings

On shooters (anyone with midrange or 3pt 70 or higher) with ball handling under 70 play "Tight".

On shooters with ball handling 70 or higher play "Auto". This helps from them beating you off the dribble.*

"Sag Off" all non shooters.*

Off-Ball Settings

Set "Deny Ball" on anyone you assigned a great defender to.*
Set "Sag Off" on anyone with a dunk rating higher than 70 and any non shooters. *
Set "Play Tight" to any shooters with a dunk rating lower than 70.*

I use these settings in conjunction with Greenie's sliders. I play off the ball with the PF or C closest to the ball to help against penetration. I also slide over to the open man whenever someone gets doubled in the paint then I slide back once the defense recovers. On pick and rolls if my man is setting the screen I'll switch to the other big man and slide over on the screener rolling to the basket. Whenever I notice off the ball screens early I switch to the SG or SF getting screened and I try to get over them quickly. If I notice too late I'll just pick up the shooter with my big man. This takes practice and you've got to always watch the offense's motion to figure out who they're trying to get the ball to. I always switch off when my man has the ball as it seems to be almost impossible to play good on ball D on the CPU so I rather play strong off ball D.*

This might seem like a lot but it helps me play better defense and sometimes the CPU still torches me but when I play like this I am able to put up a good fight.*
Wow, this is a very well planned strategy! Thanks!

Silly question. How can you read all the opponent ratings when you play association other than scouting?