View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #31
at23steelers
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Shorter or longer animations.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
This has sparked an interesting conversation, i just assumed longer animations were the problem. But it appears that wasn't the problem, but the coding under the system is. My biggest gripe is Gang Tackling. I think its such an important factor because it works on so many levels.

The technology behind it should allow for more interaction between players right? Meaning it also help blocking and a lineman being able to interact with two defenders at the same time and just a more robust running game. Really what Madden needs is the ability to have players interact with each other more easily. 2k did a thing where running into your own blockers would simulate an animation for you to roll of of them, sometimes in madden it still feels as if theres no actual animation there that your just running into people.

Hum is a physics based engine the solution to all of this?
In addition to the gang tackling you speak of, they also need to improve collisions during catches. As happened to probably many of you too, there was a deep pass thrown by the CPU, and my safety hit the WR right after the ball passed him. However, since I used an animation to hit the WR, the WR started to act as if he was already hit BEFORE I even touched him. So, I got called for DEF PI. This should never happen. You're right about 1 vs. 1 collisions. All you have to do in M11 is break 2 tackles and you're guaranteed at least 10 yards. Defenders can't intervene, so having 1 tackler is the same as having 3 tackles, since the other 2 tacklers will just fall down. This is the biggest issue in the game play of madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove