View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #1397
Flightwhite24
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Yup. I mean their court vision is severely hampered (even w/ OFF AWR @ 100). I don't see a way to correct it. In fact, until I played extensively on AS, I didn't even know the game could do these things.

The trick is to not remove this from AS to make it realistic, to not make AS become PRO+.

The majority of passing on PRO is play-based, not court-awareness based. Players seem much more single-minded on PRO. On AS, when a player ends up in a sticky situation, they dish the ball a lot more.
I understand what you are saying. Maybe I don't fully grasp what your are trying to accomplish with the final set.

As of now every game is a FULL BLOWN dogfight. There is no doubt that the cpu is gonna give you a run for your money. I personally liked the randomness of your Pro set and I thought those were money. With the current AS set I feel that I can never just have a game vs a weaker team and dominate. If you are the Lakers, Celtics, Heat you would expect to blast teams such as the Nets, Raptors but right now it just does not happen.

Shots are made at a ridiculous amount for the cpu and the hum player can have the same shot and it won't drop. I've had wide-open layups from Kobe, Gasol, Odom that they miss because it seems the cpu wants to keep the game close or maybe the %'s don't jive with the sliders.

Hell I lost to the Nets by 1 after having a 20 plus point lead in the 3rd qtr and to make matters worse in that game Odom dunks and is not credited with 2 points and the cpu did not even take the ball out and I lose the game by 1 if I remember correctly. I looked at the replay to make sure I made the shot, now add to the fact that it was late in the 4th qtr and I was missing wide open dunks/gimme layups?? Not sure why this happened to me.

I love the movement and most of the things your set provides but 2ft passes that leads to TO's several times a game just does not happen in real life when a def is not around. I wonder if the desire to get realistic stats is coming at the expense of REAL-LIFE BALL???

I'm still gonna keep reading this thread because I enjoy what everyone is bringing to the table mostly everyone. Lol

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 01-26-2011 at 01:43 PM.