View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #1513
greenieblue
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB
I have been using various versions of the sliders for the past couple months and always had some concern that because I always use custom rosters like Rashidi, Nogman7, and now geebo's for 360(partially) that your slider set was not tuned to rosters that were more detailed. For the most part these rosters are more tuned for realism and there isn't as many great dunkers, lights out shooters, and speed demons. Making the playing field as well as player skill significantly less affective then the standard 2k Insider set where every team has 3 to 4 go to players...
Rather they are IRL or not

So my question is wouldn't that make the game more difficult and not play out as your sliders were intended for if we were using such rosters??

I think it's irrelevant. If you browse back through the stats, you'll find the coach profiles are working quite well, that the sliders are causing the stats to pretty much exactly match NBA AVG's (except where they are not meant to-- steals, for instance). The project never excluded a single stat post unless it didn't use the sliders as posted-- it included all rosters, teams, skill levels, etc. Therefore, I think we can safely say, it doesn't matter.

As far as rosters making players perform like their real-life counterparts, I'll leave that up to the people who use the rosters to debate.