View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:37 AM   #1556
Cesco
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

NEEEEEEEEEEXT! Another win against a bad team. They managed to stay tied on first quarter, but from there on there was no match. I must say that Arenas as a "backup" PG is a blast for the opposing team.

The high amount of turnovers stole away from the rebounds and FTA obviously. So again a game with less than 40 rebounds even if the Nets shoot 40%. Fourth quarter started with a 21 point deficit for the Nets and SVG put in all bench players in rotation.

Every game I'm learning to play defense more and more. At first I believed you had to almost touch the ballhandler to well defend him, but staying in front of him (and between him and the basket) is MUCH MORE important. If you stay too near and slide by error on one side the CPU detect a free passage or bad defended shoot, so the player will drive or shoot depending on his tendencies. For the first time I kept the opposing team in such a low % from the field. I'm being very careful at adjusting defensive assignements and correcting them during the game.

After five games I'm averaging 33.6 RPG and CPU 38.2. I'm shooting 48,8% from the field and CPU 49,2%. We'll see if my improved defensive skills change something. If numbers will stay like this maybe I'll try lowering BOTH some my and CPU shooting success sliders by 1. I'll wait another 5 games.

Oh, and I'm 3-2 in my association.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foto.JPG (141.1 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by Cesco; 01-30-2011 at 06:41 AM.