View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 06:18 AM   #1564
pabby21
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight4real
Hey i gotta quick question for you guys.......I have used the final settings with these, using Geebo's rosters, and using the lakers in my assoc. The first game i played I got blown out by 28, out rebounded by 15, and shot 39% from the floor. The next game at phoenix, i lost by 15, outrebounded by 9 (vs the suns?!) and shot 35% from the field. I run my offense thru Gasol b4 Kobe, and i cant understand why Im gettin my arse handed to me......I dropped the difficulty down to pro, and I still lost to GS by 9 (was down by 26 at one point). I cant shoot on here to save my life and my defense comes and goes in lil mini-spurts. I wish i would have saved more of my stats but I just turned the game off and say screw it.......Im sure these are good sliders, cuz a lot of people are using them, i just cant understand why im struggling like i never played this before. Thanks for the help....
hey mate, I'm no expert but this is how I play

I take time to get my defensive match ups right before the game, as in the pressure on and off ball, play tight on the obvious eg the good shooters and sag off all but maybe the 3 or 4 main match-ups, that allows the cpu controlling your players when you don't have them selected to rotate more.

Play man to man and ensure you have that selected, zone kills me (maybe no others) it gives too much space and too much space will lead to controller throwing haha.

Don't be afraid to get a rhythm going down low before going for the FG's.....take the oppurtunites to get the fouls, as well as the And 1's.....free throws are crucial to winning in this game (I have my difficulty at 100 so I don't just coast with shooting fouls)

If you think you have an open jump shot.....think again. By it's very nature, you are going to miss open shots, the only way they consistently going in, is if your player is hot......so get the easy buckets first if possible

On offense, play to your players strengths, get familiar with there shot release.....know where they shoot best form eg, I shoot a lot of fade aways with Paul Pierce due to his amazing tendancy to it....

Finally, when on defense, control the point guard as much as possible, but when the ball is in a major threats hand, change player. I mostly control every player......as in switch constantly to cut off cuts, curls eg......do NOT leave players open outside, you will get burned....

I know it's been said HEAPS but you seriously HAVE to play slow (when not clearly making your run), set your plays, pick your shots wisely and play smart.....the cput will ALWAYS go on a run to lower the margin, I've been up by 25 once and lost by only 9.....it's the nature of the beast....but it's much more rewarding.

Like I said im not expert, if there was a tournament with big money up for grabs I wouldn't bother haha but I have 11 wins 1 loss so it works for me.

You mentioned rebounds, I get out rebounded in most games....it's to do with shot success, lower the shot sliders if it really gets to you but for me I can deal....my big men get a good average of just under 10 with double double performances every now and then.

Hope that helps a bit