View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #12
stcloudgopher
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: IF they put Coaching Carousel in this year's game, what do you think it will be l

My post earlier was about what I would like to see. Below is what I expect to see (if there is indeed a coaching carousel in NCAA 12).

Basic, basic, basic
As we all know, EA likes to add features that need a few years to be fully fleshed out -- or in the case of Campus Legend, features that are abandoned and left for dead. I am starting to doubt that we'll get a carousel in 12, but if I'm wrong, I expect to see a very primitive feature set. I do not expect assistant coaches to be included. I do not expect any specialty grades for offense/defense/special teams, etc. I do not expect a "career" ending. This will be a bare-bones scenario.

Hi, 6-star prestige calling
You will still get to pick your starting point, just as you do now. You will still be offered impossible jobs after two years of success.

PSU Coach expects Gators to rout Bulldogs
This may be my biggest fear, and it ties into the "career" aspect I mentioned in my first post. I can fully envision a scenario where the carousel does not involve any new coaches (unless generated by the user), and will instead involve all the current coaches going to new schools. Joe Pa will still be coaching in 2020, just not at Penn State.

Thanks, but no thanks
At some point, probably early on, a big-time coach will be fired after winning a National Championship. Much like your RS So. OLB transferring even though he was set to be a starter. Much like your Jr. QB going pro at 86-overall. There are so many inconsistencies and random variables already built into this game, I fear there will be even more with a carousel.

Come to FAU, where the "A" is our Title Contender status
A carousel would add much needed re-playability to what has become a very stagnant Dynasty mode. But without some overhauls in other areas within Dynasty, a CC would be another band-aid on a severed jugular. The recruits generated need to be better, certain grades need to be reeled in (like FAU, USF, FIU all being A+ in Title Contender, Tradition...).

WARNING. WARNING. -500 RUNNING IT UP.
Season Showdown will be tied into your Dynasty like now, except that trying to pick up that first down with a pass while leading 28-14 early in the 4th will result in a hit to your Prestige. Sorry, but trying to win the game is secondary to being nice.

There are other things that I fear will happen. The track record for EA implementing a new feature, sticking with it until it works and then keeping it is not exactly exemplary. I'm not trying to get worked up about EA and what they do/don't do, but the fact this has not yet been implemented makes me believe it never will be, no matter how loud our voices are. Scrapping Campus Legend and Season Showdown would create the room on the disc. Giving full edit powers to the community would make the people that buy the games happy. But I expect none of this. I expect to be disappointed when we get the proper location of the bands, Create-A-Playbook that really only allows you to pick 10 formations (not the actual plays) and quarterbacks that still can't throw a proper fade.

Basically, I expect nothing. And, in that way, I can't really be disappointed.