Old 02-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #73
jmood88
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: IGN: You Can't Compete with Madden... EA and the NFL Won't Let You

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
This article is written with an obvious bias against EA. I agree with the premise that the lack of competition hurts the consumer, but there were plenty of changes between Madden 10 and Madden 11 that are completely ignored by this article. Madden Ultimate Team is completely ignored, for example, not to mention the addition of online leagues, online co-op, a plethora of presentation features, and significant work to the core game on-the-field.

Also, to say that franchise mode was "completely untouched" is inaccurate; there were improvements to things like the stat simulation engine and touch-ups here and there. The point stands that they should have done more, but to say they didn't touch it at all is simply wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by From the article
I'm not one of those people who foolishly says, "Madden never changes." It definitely does. Madden NFL 11 is a different experience than Madden NFL 10. That said, I have little doubt the Madden series would be considerably better if developer Tiburon had a competitor threatening it each year.
Seems like you skipped over this part.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)