Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 AM   #7
Boling4Humor
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: madden needs the cpu owners n a frachise to make and propose trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
The NFL in Madden's offline franchise mode since the jump to next-gen has been a glorified one team field trip to 16 stadiums, and up to 4 more in the playoffs. Point blank, that's what it is. What we want is the league to feel as if we are 1/32nd of the entire puzzle, not 90% of it.

This means:

-CPU AI needs serious improvement (benching/starting players, cap management, roster management, and trades to name a few)

-CPU needs to initiate trade talks with User AND CPU teams alike.

-We need a mailbox as the "owner" of a team a la The Show/2K11 where we can see:

A) Rumors of possible trades/cuts (with quicklink to trading block)

B) Any previously completed deals involving any teams in the league

C) A waiver wire. You have the opportunity to make a claim on a player, the team with the worst record receives the cut player.

D) Assorted leaguewide messages sent from NFL's commissioner, a coach, a coach on a different team, a player (complaining about playing time, or thanking us for signing them, etc)...so many different ideas.

There needs to be an extremely active ticker that goes in depth about the league happenings. Ideally, it would work like ESPN's ticker. It could look like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE LATEST|SCHEDULE|RUMORS|CUTS|TRADES|SIGNINGS|DRAFT| FREE AGENCY
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously the last two could appear at Week 15 or so, where it gives a rundown of who has each pick. There is ALWAYS something happening in the NFL. In the Latest, they could show any great game stats or upcoming records, as well as some made up "news" blurbs that occasionally make their way in.

"Brandon Marshall caught 15 passes for 220 yards vs. Dallas in a 31-3 victory for Miami"

"Tony Romo has gone on record stating he always wanted to work in construction after his NFL career"

See what I mean? lol.

Schedule could just have last weeks scores, and the current week's schedule.
Rumors can be made up, that's why they are rumors.

"DeSean Jackson is unhappy with his current contract, and hopes to address the issue soon."

"Donovan McNabb has been contemplating retirement if he is benched again."

"Could the Vikings be looking to trade WR Sidney Rice before the deadline?"

..ANYTHING to give Franchise some personality. As it stands now, I control the Eagles, and try to handicap myself with strict rules in order to prevent my dominance in the league. I want every single time I load up the mode, I feel a "I have no idea what will happen this time" thing.
Totally diggin' this idea Davey. If they even put a tiny bit of what you said into this game, i'll buy it. On a seperate note...what are some of the house rules you enforce into your Madden Franchise? I havent touched Franchise for almost 3 months until a week ago. I'm 5-1 and losing interest again.