View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 03:12 AM   #50
AnonTech
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Interview with Ian Cummings - SOK and Tuner Sets (ESPN The Gamer)

"tuner sets are perfect because you can make the change, get it in the game in a couple of days, and then gauge the reaction from that and make changes accordingly."

How many years will Tiburon pee on us and tell us it's raining? Right here, in candy-sweet phrasing, they're saying "we'll throw some quick code at a bug, bypass all the QA processes, force you to download and install our "tuner", and then let you test it for us. Hopefully it won't melt your console down, but if it does just remember that we're not liable!! BTW: Thanks ever so much for that $60 you paid for the privilege of being our beta test dummy!"

I have never heard such a blatant statement from a developer about how they were going to screw the consumer. All that 'time-consuming' approval process exists to try and ensure that the "fix" doesn't actually break the game - and it fails an abysmally large percentage of the time! Now Tiburon wants to bypass that even that flawed attempt at quality control and make you believe that they're doing you a favor.

I guess for 13 we'll get the chance to pay them for the privilege of cleaning their offices, too.....

But, I must admit, I'm sooo very glad that they decided to justify my $60 by adding surprise onside kicks - such a critical element of the game! - instead of fixing the physics, the franchise mode, correct penalty enforcement, custom playbooks......

Last edited by AnonTech; 02-11-2011 at 03:16 AM.