View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #21
shyvoodoo
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: RUMOR: Activision Eyeing Takeover Bid of Take Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSainn
If this happens I see it going one of two ways. 1) Activision kills off 2K Sports or 2) With the release of Nascar, Activision maybe wants to open their door to a sports branch. Could be that they know how much an NFL game can bring in and that they know 2K could do it better than Madden if only 2K had the funding for the liscense. I really could care less what they do with all the FPS games as I have 0 interest in them. I would just really hate to see 2K Sports die. I guess we'll always have MLB The Show if nothing else in the sports genre, I don't see them going anywhere.
You have a good point Justin, there really only two things that can happen with this and the two things you said makes the most sense. Maybe Activision sees it as the right time to invest in the sports genre, hence NASCAR. If you are gonna have a sports division under your umbrella, why not 2k sports. Activision is the only company outside of Microsoft and Sony that can match EA "check for check", but we'll see.. like the old saying goes, Stay Tuned...
Advertisements - Register to remove